Welcome to My Blog!
Hi. I’m TJ, an aspiring young professional striving to make his mark on this world. On this blog, I will share my reflections and lessons learned so far in life, with hopes to help you on whatever journey you are taking through life. This page will give you a crash course on what to expect.
But first, a little about me:
I believe we all have a gift worth sharing with the world.
I’ve known my whole life that I’ve had a knack for “coaching” but have never truly considered a coaching career. I started this blog with the mindset of “coaching” by spreading my knowledge. One of my biggest interests in life has always been researching how people get where they are, with special interest in how the most successful people get where they are. Because of this I constantly watch and listen to people during my day, watch documentaries about great people, read their biographies, and listen to their podcasts by night. My definition of greatness spans a broad category and doesn’t just relate to wealth. I study friends, family, authors, entrepreneurs, artists, motivators, scientists and anyone who seems to be living the life they purposely chose to live. And my studies are not just limited to living successes, I also try to study the past greats as well. Furthermore, I take notes as I do these things and try to see how I can apply their views and insights into my own life. In doing this, I have noticed that, in one way or another , they all follow similar principles for achieving their versions of success.
My mission(s) for this blog are as follows:
- Write content based on tips and insights I have learned through my studies.
- Give my own insights as to how I tried to implement these things in my life
- Write personal anecdotes of how I got to where I am that I hope will connect with you in one way or another.
Originally born in Lagos, Nigeria. I am a first generation immigrant, my parents moved our family to Texas when I was 6 and that’s where I spent the rest of my childhood and beginning of adulthood. I attended college at the University of Texas and graduated with a Mathematics Actuarial Science degree.
My path to this blog began with my search for purpose. I wanted to know that there was more to life than having a 9 to 5. I wanted to discover the core beliefs of those who seem to have it all figured out. Furthermore I wanted to share the knowledge I gained with whomever would listen.
In life, I have had a lot of wins and some losses. A lot of excitement but also some disappointment. I have experienced a lot of trials and experimented with a lot of life decisions. I have learned a lot and think some of the insights I have gained will be beneficial to someone out there so here is my blog.
- Working Out
- Anything Outdoors
- Jamming music loudly
- Hanging out with the homies
- Creating (music, writing, art)
- Any thing Tech – I learned word press and created this website in one day, the same day i decided I wanted a blog 🙂
Other ways to connect
This blog is my home base. But you can also find me on the following social networks (in order of how much I use them):
Tools I use
- Content management: Self-hosted WordPress
- Hosting: Bluehost
- Iphone 6s
- Favorite Computer Programs: FL Studio 11, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome.
- Favorite Apps: Medium, Google Maps, Podcasts, ESPN, Fitbit, Snapchat, Way of Life, etc.
- Favorite Artists: Kanye West, Odesza, Kendrick Lamar, RL Grime, Big Gigantic, etc.
- Feel free to ask anything else you’d like to know!